Wednesday 15 August 2012

Times are changing everything ...

Isn't it interesting how much technology has changed the way we live.  All at once we seem to have managed to embrace the instant nature of technology, loving the way we have instant access to information, while at the same time valuing all things "Vintage".  If I had a dollar for every time I said "I'll Google That" in a day I'd be very rich indeed!  And yet the Australian Olympic Team looked so chic in their Vintage style uniform!  Our kitchen appliances might have the sleek finish of stainless steel, but the shapes are right out of the 50's.

Even this blog is a great example of how technology has changed our lives, imagine that 20 years ago we wouldn't have dreamed of having a relationship with someone via a blog!

Of course in my work I have to stay up with all that modern technology throws at me. I have to know the software and understand the principals of the hardware too.  It isn't enough to know the machine isn't sewing right, I have to be able to figure out why.  I must admit I love this part of the job as much as I love the creative and artistic side.  When my intermediate 5D Software students were having trouble stitching out their digitized designs I really loved the chance to figure out what was happening and find a solution to the problem.

Of course technology has also changed the way we shop.  Just yesterday I wanted to find inspiration for two outfits I need to make to wear at the Blessington (Husqvarna Viking, Pfaff and Singer) Convention and found the internet so valuable.

Today I discovered a great site that offers wonderful discounts at businesses in your local area.  Take a look at this site http://www.clickprintsave.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment