Monday 20 August 2012

Guess Who is Still Sewing ...

Whoever thought that sewing clothes was something no one did any more is in for a shock.  Not only do people still sew their own clothes, the choices in patterns is amazing.  Obviously you can go to one of those "big" shops and buy from a well known pattern brand, but have you thought about all the other possibilities?

Here is one site that I found out about, which specializes in Vintage clothes styles, including plus sizes!  http://www.craftsy.com/user/492955/pattern-store;jsessionid=724BF7BD5743C5BC1463951CE2B3F929.rush

It is just a few weeks until the Australian Convention for Husqvarna Viking, Pfaff and Singer (I am a dealer for all three brands), and one of the evenings has a themed dinner of 1920's Flapper!  Now I definately don't have a flat flappers body shape so making something that will flatter, will be quite a challenge.  I found a designer, Anna Depew from Mrsdepew on Etsy that has some great Vintage patterns from the 20's, 30's and 40's, but if you like 50's vintage the above ones are the ones for you.

I have a bolt or two of silk jersy knit lying around the place, and I think I'd like to use that for the gown.  Once my Etsy patterns arrive I'll post photo's of my gown as I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment