Thursday 9 August 2012

A Milestone in our Family

It is one of those big moments for our family tomorrow.  Our eldest son, James is settling on his first home.

He has brought a really lovely old wooden 1930's home in Warburton, about 45 minutes from Melbourne.  It is on a nice parcel of land, and he is itching to get to work on bringing the tired old house back to life.  It will be a lovely home for him.



Naturally I'm making him a new quilt, which I hope to finish in time for Christmas.  James loves really traditional quilts, and still has a Thimbleberries quilt I made for him years ago.  I think it was called A Secret Garden, or A Quilters Garden, or something like that.  This time I've decided to make a paper pieced quilt, since I can sit by the fire and do that when I am resting.  

I am making good use of my fabric stash to make the stars, which are coming together really quickly.  I will set the stars in a background copper/brown colour, and use the beautiful border to bring it together.

I have no idea right now about how I will quilt it, but no doubt something will come to me as I work.

Even though I do almost all my work by machine, I do love to have something to keep my hands busy in the evenings, especially in the winter.  

Meantime, we will all be busy this weekend getting him, and all his stuff shifted.  The weather is really awful right now, and so we are all crossing our fingers that the rain goes someplace else!

No comments:

Post a Comment