Friday 3 August 2012

If I could find even half a brain it would be lonely ....

I was teaching in the shop a few weeks ago, and discussion had turned to the various things we clean in the dishwasher.  One of the group was surprised to hear that everyone else cleaned the filter for their extractor's in the dishwasher.  Wide eyed she exclaimed that she'd never even thought of doing that.


I had one of those moments this week.  My youngest, Kevin was preforming in a school concert last night.  His school is celebrating 50 years and most of the pupils have been rehearsing like crazy for months now.  Kevin and his year level were doing a dance which brought the house down.  


Anyhow back to the story.  He was required to wear a white long sleeve, plain shirt, jeans and runners.  No problem with the jeans and runners, but we couldn't find a long sleeve white shirt in any of the local department and discount stores.  Even further afield in Knox we drew a blank. Finally I found Target online and ordered it to be delivered to our local shop for pick up.  It was taking a few weeks, and I was getting a bit anxious, but finally it did arrive with just 6 days to spare.  So I was chatting to Kevin and asking if all his class mates had found shirts.  


"Yep", he replied, "although Mav's mum is making his".


Making his?????


How had I never thought of this myself????


Now I feel like a complete numskull, fancy not thinking of sewing him a shirt!







No comments:

Post a Comment