Wednesday 8 August 2012

Looking for a new Project?

The last thing I need today is a new project!

I'm having a friend over for morning tea, before going back to my sewing studio to finish test sewing one of the blocks I have digitized in the quilt "Friends of Baltimore".  It is looking fab, with just three things to change so far!

But while clearing out my emails I found this great article about digitizing couching, so if you are looking for something to do today, check it out ...http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/26857/create-a-couched-embroidery-design?utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_term=embellishments&utm_content=20120807-couched-embroidery-bag&utm_campaign=threads-eletter

The author gives great instructions, but of course if you have a Pfaff or Husqvarna Viking you also have the option of digitizing this with a simple running stitch, then embroidering upside down using a decorative thread in your decorative bobbin case!  What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment