Tuesday 21 August 2012

Spring is in the air, time to sew!

It is a beautiful sunny morning, the type of winter day that makes you think of the summer ahead.  

I have a whole stack of sewing to do for myself before the weather warms up properly, and am enjoying being in my studio and working on some new clothes.  I have a figure that is almost impossible to buy for, unless you are happy wearing tents or clothes out of stretchy fabric all the time.  Using the custom patterns from Fit To Me gives me the ideal, something I can make myself and be sure it will fit! 

My biggest vice is never quite finishing off one project before flitting off to another, so today I absolutely must cut out the lining for this jacket and finish it off.  
I noticed in the Target catalogue that Lace Jackets are all the go for spring, and since I have some of that in my stash I thought I'd make this same jacket in lace!  I love the shape of it, simple princess line, with an open front that can be finished so many different ways!

Enough blogging, time to fire up the Pfaff Sensation and get some sewing done!


No comments:

Post a Comment