Wednesday 26 September 2012

Lot's Happening with Singer, Pfaff and Husqvarna Viking

Jim and I returned home at around 1am this morning from the Blessington Convention.  Blessington distributes Husqvarna Viking, Pfaff and Singer products here in Australia.

We had a wonderful time!  The flight was great (with Jetstar, which was not our first choice but turned out to be alright - except for the terrible seats), and the hotel was amazing.  What an inspiration! 

We stayed at the hotel called QI on the Gold Coast.  It is a cool, funky kind of place that just makes you smile.  I can't rave about this place enough!  Probably the best thing is to check out their website:  http://www.qtgoldcoast.com.au/?gclid=CNLaxO_B0rICFUhZpQodQzcA8w

After checking in (and our room was ready at 9am!), a delightful guy came and made us homemade lemonade! 
 
There were special touches everywhere, like the thongs in string bags hanging in our room.

Or the informal restaurant that looked like a deli!

The convention itself was fantastic, I was so blown away by the amount of new products. These will be arriving into the shop real soon, and include a range of Industrial Machines, new Singer ironing products, and loads of great new domestic sewing, embroidery and overlocking machines.
With tutors from here and abroad we had a full four days of classes, and my head is still swimming.  Lucky I took some videos and lots of pictures and notes, check out this one ...
http://youtu.be/rxVSgT15zqE

There was so much food that I'm sure I won't fit into any of my jeans.  The first night was a 1920's theme dinner held at Movie World on the Gold Coast.  Wow!  Absolutely the best way to begin a convention!  Jim look so great in his white dinner jacket, and my hurried last minute dress looked and felt lovely.
The next night was themed "Blessington's Got Talent", and I have it on good authority that Jim had a few more wines after I went to get some beauty sleep and then entertained everyone with his Kereoke singing!
The final dinner was formal and we had a special guest singing and dancing for us.  Guess who?  A look alike Michael Jackson!
Not Jim's thing, but wonderfully entertaining.

So now I'm back home for just 1 day before heading off to the Australiasian Machine Quilters Festival.  I'll blog about it when I get back.





No comments:

Post a Comment