Monday 17 September 2012

A few more stitches here and there

I really wish I knew why I always seem to be in a last minute rush.  Weeks ago I started to make the two gowns I need for this coming weekend, and because I started with so much time, I wasted it!

Now I'm worried about getting them finished.  I think I will finish off the 1920's flapper dress tomorrow, but I am still beading the yoke/collar of the 1930's Formal dress!  Even worse I thought I was going to run out of beads, but a trip to my shop to teach today solved that problem ... phew.
Although the choice of fabric for this gown is a little outside the box, it is looking great.  The beading, however is taking so much time.



Back to the 1920's dress, I had about three changes of fabric, but I think I'm happy with the end result.  I just have a few seams to sew tomorrow, and it will be all done.  The dress has some draping that is clasped somewhere between the waist and the hip, and it does this on both the back and the front.  I needed to find two clasps of some kind.  While wandering through one of those "junk" jewellery shops I hit upon the idea of buying a pair of earings and deconstructing them to make them work.  It was a very inspired "budget" idea, and I think they look terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment