Tuesday 4 September 2012

Spring has sprung

With the exception of hay fever I love everything about spring, the beautiful warm days, and the cool evenings included.

Today is my day for being a little more disciplined than usual.  I will do all my office work this morning and then work on my gowns this afternoon.

I had a brain wave about the long evening gown I have now drafted and am ready to cut out.  It features a beautiful yolk and I had intended to embroider this, but I would also like to bead it, and frankly beading through dense embroidery stitches is no fun.  It was then that my brain when *ta da*.  I'm going to digitize the pattern for beading in a running stitch and then embroider it to the yoke.  This will then become the pattern that I will bead through.  How good is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment