Tuesday 18 September 2012

Relief with two gowns finished!

Finally, a lovely quiet day at home, and I have finished up my two gowns.  Having said that I do think I could probably have beaded forever, but enough ... it is done.  I took a pic of the 1920's dress finished, but it does't really capture it.  There is a lace and silk under dress, with an irregular hem that shows under the draped top layer.  It looks cute on.

This weekend Jim and I are off to Queensland for the Blessington Convention.  This covers Singer, Husqvarna Viking and Pfaff brands and will be a lot of busy fun while we look at new machines, and do some hands on classes.  It is also a terrific time to catch up with dealers from all over Australia!



I will get back to Melbourne really late on Tuesday night, and somehow get young master Kevin from his brothers house, before I leave again on Thursday to go to the Australiasian Machine Quilters Festival in Adelaide.  I'm travelling with Cathy to this event, and really looking forward to four days of being creative, and being with other creative people. Cathy hasn't travelled by plane before and she is excited about her big trip, with no kids! 

The only down side to all the travel is the preparation, now that I have the wardrobe covered I need to cook some meals for Kevin, and get the washing up to date, and check out that I have everything he needs for his Holiday Respite Program, including money for the Royal Melbourne Show on Tuesday next week.

Now that I am all caught up I am looking forward to getting some more video tutorials done!  I think I need a list ...

No comments:

Post a Comment