Wednesday 6 March 2013

Back from Training

Do you ever find yourself looking at your diary and wondering how on earth you are going to get through the next week?  That was how I felt around 10 days ago.  Looking at my diary showed me that Jim would be interstate for 7 days while doing tech training, I had to cover his shifts at the shop, and finish writing instructions in preparation for the National Digitizing Event here in Melbourne, I had to get my laptop to the HP warranty repairer, I had to juggle Kevin and his special needs, remember our other son James's birthday, and get ready to go interstate myself as soon as Jim returned.  (Phew!)  It was a week I was dreading, but here I am "the day after" and we all survived!

My HP is back with a keyboard that has all the letters on it (if you missed my saga, my 6mth old HP Pavilion had lost the markings on more than half a dozen keys), and I have to say that I am really impressed by the kind folk at NCSS who did the repairs the same day I took it in!  Jim did his training, returned and took back all his shop shifts, Kevin survived the week without much going wrong, and I did remember James's birthday.  I've done my Certification training which means I can officially sell TruEmbroidery at the shop.  In fact I'm adding it to the online store as soon as I finish this blog post.

Sadly for the HP I'm falling in love with my Apple, and I have even started the newsletter (for the shop) on it.  I have a strong feeling that it is going to become my main computer!

Enrolments are coming in steadily now for the National Digitizing Event, so if you are still thinking about your enrolment you should probably get it done!  Remember you can enrol for 1/2 days or whole days, the enrolment forms and class details are on these web-sites www.michelleaitkendesigns.com.au and www.michellessewingbasket.com.au.

Tomorrow I will start to stitch all the samples for the National Digitizing Event.  It is my reward for being good and working on paperwork for what seems like forever!

Here is your inspirational picture for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment