Tuesday 12 March 2013

Multi Tasking ....

I think I can measure my recovery from 2 years of health nightmares by my capacity to multi task.  Up until recently I just couldn't do it!  It seemed to take every brain cell I had just to remember what I was supposed to be doing, without thinking of managing more than one thing at a time.

You can imagine then, that I feel great that today I'm sitting in my meals area, (close to the coffee!), working on two computers, and monitoring my Pfaff Sensation Embroidery machine at the same time!  I'm sure something will go pear shaped before the end of today, but right now things are humming along just wonderfully.

My husband Jim made me some great display thingy's for the children's clothes I embroidered last week (and a spare), and he managed to get my baby monitor working again.  We brought it when we were fostering and had the occasional baby to care for, then used it for Kevin, and now it is the secret weapon I have for multi tasking.  I can hear my embroidery machine, and am right on top of it when it stops.  The Pfaff Sensation is so reliable that I am confident that I won't have any thread jams or tension issues that sometimes frustrate us when we embroider, and so all I need to know is if the bobbin needs changing, or I need to do something with the embroidery.  

This week I hope to finish the Term 2 newsletter, and I'm doing it on Mac's Pages for the first time which is a little bit challenging, although I do have the comfort of knowing that I can set up an appointment with the Apple Genius if I need it. I'm also working solidly on the samples for the National Digitizing Event.  They are going really well, although I confess to starting with the easy stitch out's first.  Today is the first day of a big one!

What do you think of these two cuties?


When I was loading the photo's of the machine embroidered Owl and Elephant I found the photo's we took at Melbourne's La Nuit Blanche (The White Night) two weeks ago.

You can tell that we are still learning how to use our camera!






The light works were absolutely lovely, and seriously our photography skills leave a lot to be desired.  I think I will have to do a course in how to use the camera before we take off on another overseas adventure.

For now it is back to writing the newsletter, and embroidery!

No comments:

Post a Comment