Sunday 17 March 2013

A Snowball that just keeps getting bigger and bigger!

At the end of last year we made the decision to stop printing my newsletter.  It is 12 years since I started Michelle's Sewing Basket, and over the years the quarterly Newsletter had grown and grown.  It now has a whopping 24 pages!  

Sometimes I wonder how on earth I will ever get another one written, I can be so empty when I sit down in front of the computer and try to begin.  I do have a bit of a brain storming system, and that will help me to work out the flow of the newsletter.  I've also decided to make sure there are two or three actual projects for people to make in the Newsletter, as well as the usual shop info.  I also try to write a couple of interesting articles on new product, the history of a technique or tradition etc.  I am not a great writer, in fact I think my English teacher said that my technique was shocking.  I kind of say the words in my head, and if it makes sense there then it gets written down (that's why there are lots of side comments like this in brackets ... I actually think in brackets).  So, yes I know my writing technique is sloppy, devoid of any understanding of the rules of the English language, but hey, it works.

So this week is Newsletter publishing week.  The words flowed well, and the result is 24 pages.  Now I'm trying out something new, converting it to a flip book for customers who have tablets .. .I reckon that it will be amazing if I actually get it to work, but it seems to be going well so far.

Would you like to see my Newsletter?  it is here:  www.michellessewingbasket.com.au 

Just click the tab "newsletter" in the top tool bar.

We will have a new look website in the next month, and that is exciting too.
My shop, Michelle's Sewing Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment