Monday 26 October 2015

Joan's quilt. 1

I found my next project, Joan's quilt.

Let me explain about this special quilt. Sadly, Joan passed away a few years ago leaving behind this beautiful quilt that I now have the privilege to finish quilting. I have chosen WonderFil Frutti thread, colour FT35 for the top thread and light grey deco bob for the bobbin, I think that these colours will work well with all the colours in the quilt.  Joan had hand quilted some of the blocks but for some reason never got around to finishing them.  Who has time to keep doing this by hand? We have so many different options these days, I thought I could showcase them on this quilt. There are two decisions, which block to start on and which machine to use?


Isn't the fabric for the backing pretty?

You can still see the needle and thread where Joan stopped quilting.

Watch this space to to see the progress that I make.

Have fun creating,    Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment