Friday 28 June 2013

Quilting Inspiration

I'm very exited!

A week or two ago we finally took delivery of a Handi Quilter Fusion for the shop.  We are authorised dealers, and the up side of that is that we can use our demonstration stock!  Previously we've only had the frames set up really small (our shop space is so limited) and we couldn't actually quilt anything much bigger than a fat quarter!  I'd tried to convince Jim that we could set a frame up larger, but he was never convinced enough to try it.




The great news is that for a whole lot of complicated reasons we can now set the frame up as 8 foot, which is just enough to quilt most of my sample quilts. Even better it has Pro Stitcher on it (so I can design something using software and let Pro Stitcher do the work), and Jim is becoming really good at free motion quilting.  So I don't need to worry about standing up for hours quilting a quilt top, I will just be able to get Jim to do it for me!  ... assuming he has time!

Anyway I found this great video on creating swirling free motion quilting on your machine, take a look ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment