Wednesday 7 August 2013

When the Going Get's Tough ... Step out in Purple Pumps!



The past weeks have been such a hectic time for me and my shop.  We had a big show in Melbourne, and that always stretches us all as we have staff split between the show and the shop.

I caught the train into the show to take a look around and was rewarded with buying a signed book from a fantastic designer ... more on that next blog!!!

Now at last things are settling down, and I can tell you I've made three quilts since I last blogged!  Yes 3 and one of them was a Double Wedding Ring!  Does that get me an award?

Today I've made great progress on yet another quilt, which I hope to finish on Friday, then I have two appliqué quilts to do and my deadline is 30th August.  the quilts are all for our AccuQuilt Launch Party and I've enjoyed every minute making them.

And so to my beautiful Purple Pumps .....
this time last year I was still largely wheelchair bound, so imagine how thrilled I was today to step out for a business lunch wearing these glorious shoes.  I've never worn them (although I brought them probably 2 years ago), and with my improved health and weight loss (over 8kg so far thanks to my great Weight Watchers Leader Julie Ann at Myer Eastland) I was thrilled to stride out today.

The lunch was one of a whole series of events run by our local council, Maroondah.  I'm attending workshops tomorrow, but today was an inspirational talk by Jane Caro of Gruen Transfer a brilliant program on the ABC!.  She had a wonderful talk, that really set me to thinking and then finished with some absolutely wonderfully funny ad's (she is in the marketing field amongst a whole  lot of other things!).

Here is my favourite one:


Maybe that is the theme of today - When the Going Get's Tough Step out in Purple Pumps!  .....
....... and be careful that nothing is lost in translation!


No comments:

Post a Comment