Tuesday 2 April 2013

Taa Daa, our Re-Constructed Green Bag is all Done

Today I've been sewing at home with my youngest son Kevin.  We have de-constructed and then re-constructed a "green" bag featuring a computer generated image that Kevin coloured in Microsoft Paint.

Kevin started by 'painting' a picture of a Dragon using Paint.
Next we unpicked just one side seam, and the seam's holding the straps onto the bag.
The paper backing was removed from our Magic Fabric, and we ironed the Dragon to set the ink.
Next I helped Kevin pin he panel into position so that the side's of the panel were hidden under the straps.
Kevin sewed around the picture using a 3.5mm long stitch and polyester thread on my Pfaff.

 
I helped by re-stitching the binding back up on the side of the bag that we opened.

And Kevin's bag is now complete.
I made a girls version too!
 

I love this project ... it would be a terrific class for kids to make their Mum special bags for Mother's Day!

Any shop owners out there reading this .... you can buy the Magic Fabric wholesale from MAD Patchwork, and customers can buy it from Michelle's Sewing Basket (although not online because right now we are working on a new site, if you need to buy online just email the shop at sales@michellessewingbasket.com.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment