Tuesday 2 April 2013

Our new Parents/Kids club project samples are underway ....

I had planned such a nice Easter, with a lovely Lamb roast for lunch or dinner on Easter Sunday, and some beautiful Tasmanian Salmon for Good Friday.  Poor Jim was struck down with a nasty bout of gastro which had him in bed for a couple of days so he missed the salmon.   I was joking about him forfeiting his Easter Eggs, when I became ill on Easter Sunday.  Thankfully the good old Raspberry Juice worked a trick and killed off the nasty germs, but it has left me feeling rather dizzy.

Today is the first day that I felt like working, and so now instead of being ahead, I'm going to be pushing it to finish off all the samples before the National Digitizing Retreat.  I also have to get the samples made for the new Parents/Kids Club classes.

I've got a list of great projects, one of them is to use the computer to make fabric which is then appliqued onto those boring green shopping bags.  Kevin has a very short attention span, but I did get him in front of the computer for a while ... just long enough for him to colour in a Dragon picture using Microsoft Paint.



His Dragon came up beautifully, and I have printed two onto fabric, which just needs to be heat set.
 
So the next step is to de-construct a couple of "green" bags, ready for him to sew the Dragon Patches onto both side panels.


No comments:

Post a Comment