Tuesday 5 February 2013

Going over to the Dark Side!

Goodness!  I can't believe I am actually becoming an Apple user.  After having a Windows based computer (laptop and PC) for so long it is amazing simple to navigate around the Apple, which is a pleasant surprise.  I needed to invest in an Apple because my shop is selling the new digitizing software, TruEmbroidery.  I already have a couple of Apple devotees using it, and will be pleased to get my Certification training done at the beginning of March.  

In the meantime I will enjoy discovering how the TruEmbroidery program works.

I have to say that actually buying the Mac was a complete delight.  The shopping experience at the Apple store was enlightening.  The really do retail very, very well!  I'm all booked into my first 1 on 1 class for Friday night, and I've already installed not just TruEmbroidery but also some other Apps that I think I may just fall in love with.

It just goes to show, you should always be open to the idea that technology changes, and what may suit you today, may not suit you tomorrow.  It is a good lesson for us to take back to our shop too, since the sewing machines of today are so amazing, and customers rarely expect the huge range of features and benefits that the technology will bring to their sewing pleasure.

No more time to blog, I've got a new computer to play with (and keep away from Kevin who loves using the Apples at school).

No comments:

Post a Comment