Tuesday 10 July 2012

Today is a rest day for me, which means that I try to do quiet things!  So it is a good time to update the website (we will have a new one next week I hope!), create this new blog, answer emails, digitize and write class notes, tutorials and so on.  You can see that even though I'm "resting" there is lots to do.


Tomorrow I will be quilting all day, which will be lots of fun!  My main project will be a whole cloth quilt, stitched in some sort of beautiful variegated thread that I still have to choose, on a black fabric.  I will be using the Handi Quilter Sweet 16 and working with the circle rulers and versa tool.  I hope you will check back tomorrow to see my progress!


I began the process yesterday by using grid paper and working out a rough plan.  The next step was to chalk up a grid on the fabric.  
You can see that I've used a dressmakers chalk, which will be inclined to brush off, so I set the chalk using a bit of hairspray.  The hairspray will encourage the chalk to stay on the cloth for the time that I need it, but brush off after I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment