Thursday 24 March 2016

Projects to keep me busy.


I can't believe that it is almost April. Over the past two months I have been very busy creating and completing a show quilt for AQC (yet to know whether it is a finalist), class samples for terms 2/3 as well as having a go at making some temari balls for an Easter Gift.
The class samples include a kaleidoscope quilt, a Westalee whole cloth quilt and a yet to be complete stain glass quilt that uses steam-a-seam self adhesive tape. Each of these uses different techniques so there is sure to be something there for you.



I have stitched the whole cloth quilt using Westalee rulers and contrast thread on black fabric so it is easier for you to see the designs and I have stitched five different border patterns to show what you can do with the Westalee rulers. Also showcased are four of the Wonderfil Mirage varigated threads so you can see how they stitch out.




I have also really enjoyed making the temari balls that are an ideal project when "watching" T.V at night.
I have used some of the patterns from Barbara B. Suess Book " Temari Techniques - A Visual Guide to Making Japanese Embroidered Thread Balls"
No.5 perle cotton was used for the embroidery/wrapping and I have wrapped polystyrene balls so that they are light enough to be used as Christmas tree decorations.
It took a few nights to complete each one although if your hands are in better shape than mine, it may takes you less time. 






Have a lovely Easter break
It’s all about craft/quilting
Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment