Thursday 24 March 2016

Joan's quilt 5

Joan had hand basted all the layers before hand quilting some of this quilt. This has made it easier to load on the HQ Fusion with some clips rather than pin it to the leaders. After looking through the patterns on the Pro Stitcher, I thought Pam Clark's pc-all-around arcs would enhance the centre block. I did think of trying to fit the design within the points, so using the multi point function, I plotted the shape. Once I had the shape I loaded the design over the top. It didn't look as good as I thought it might. So I rotated the design on the screen and that was the look that I wanted. As WonderFil Fruitti is a 12 weight thread you need a needle size 12 or 14 with a bigger eye, this will stop thread breaks. Time to stitch, I am happy with the result, what do you?



More about this beautiful quilt next time. 
Have fun creating your own memories, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment