Thursday 24 March 2016

Joan's quilt 6


The HQ Sweet Sixteen and smaller table are great for quilting when you don't have much space. Joan's quilt is a double bed size, this is still achievable on a smaller table. I like to bunch the quilt up and puddle it as I go. For this block I am using a combination of the Handi Gadgets Mini Ruler and the Versa Tool.



I know this isn't traditional quilting, but I think this works, what do you think?


After looking at the overall quilt, I realised that this block hadn't any quilting on the lighter background. So I thought that I would have a go at drawing the lines with a chalk pencil and have a go at quilting it without using a ruler. We will see how I go, I may regret this decision.

Well that was easier than I thought. Not perfect, but not too bad. I am going to do some of the other squares like this. If you don't have a ruler foot or rulers to use, I think this is a great option.

Have fun creating,  Anne 

No comments:

Post a Comment