Thursday 8 November 2012

Making Gifts for Christmas

Do you remember when you were young and it was impossible to think of what to buy for friends and family for Christmas?  I always found it especially hard to buy for people that could just buy what they wanted, and seemed to have everything!  I think I have reached that age myself, and so have a new appreciation of what to give to "those" people.

This year I have made a list of gifts that I can make myself.  It is always easier to do this for female friends and family, but I'm sure I can do similar for my male friends/family. 


My parents are coming for a visit (from NZ) this evening, so yesterday after work I quickly made the three coverd coathangers I want to give to my mum.  I love to use them myself in my closet, so I think that they will be a great gift.  I want to do some embroidered ones too for other friends/family, and am looking forward to getting back to the machine to do them also.
 
I have almost finished the aprons I'm making for my eldest child, Cara, who is a Steiner teacher and lives in London.  She brough some lovely table cloths when we were in Venice earlier this year, and so I know she will probably wear them at work.  They are a lovely vintage style and I've made them in lovely fabric.  I have only about 1/2 hrs work left on them, and then I can make up her Christmas parcel and get it in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment