Wednesday 13 January 2016

What to do when it is 40 degrees outside........QUILT

Hi all,
It has been so hot this week that I had to find something to take my mind off it.

I put the cooler on and descended into my quilting room to quilt.
Using the new Wonderfil Fabulux thread I finished the graffiti quilt I started a few weeks ago at the shop.

This form of quilting is great for those of you who have a long arm machine or who now have the Westalee ruler foot to use on your domestic machine and are venturing into the world of free motion quilting. It allows you to practise your control of the machine or the quilt, (depending on the model you have) when you are in free motion mode. You are also able to "let go" as any 'mistakes' are lost in the overall design.

The fabulux thread which is a 40WT randomly spaced multi thread is a dream to use. It has a wonderful sheen and it worked beautifully on my HQ Avante machine.  I can't wait for the range to become available as it has some fabulous colours.

It was a real surprise when we started quilting with it. Once the thread was quilted out it looked more intense and some colours which had not been evident on the cone became visible. It also looks spectacular on the black fabric.

Pop into the Long Arm Centre and have a look at the colour chart for this thread and I am sure you will be as impressed as I am.

 






















It's all about quilting,
Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment