Friday 13 February 2015

2015 National Digitising Retreat

Hi everyone,

I am so happy having just finished a whole week of solid work in my studio.  I am working flat out on finalising the designs for the National Digitising Retreat that I run, and am up to stitching out some of the final samples.

I adore digitising, and now work and teach three different Software Packages.  It really keeps me on my toes, but the challenge is great for the brain!

The National Digitising Retreat is being held in April, and sadly one of the sewing machine companies here have scheduled a major event in another city conflicting with my dates.  This means many customers who attended last year can't come this year, and so I am a bit disappointed with numbers so far.  However I guess it will be a bonus for all the customers who are coming since the classes won't be very crowded.

Anyway, the first picture I have to share is of an ITH Evening Clutch purse.  The purse itself is a bit of a fiddle to sew, but it is worth it when you see the result. I was so excited digitising this one because I had a brain wave on Monday and by the time I had walked home from work (about 2km) I had even figured out how to do it!  The breakthrough is a technique to sew glass mirrors into the embroidery, using the embroidery machine.  The effect is stunning!
The second sample is one of the quilt blocks from the quilt I am teaching called Strawberry Fields.  I love it!


I will share more photos next week.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment